The new Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1991 brings to the open class of production motorcycles an all-around superiority won in successful factory racing actions and proven in a wide range of production endurance racing events. Powerful, circuit-bred performance features like engine improvements straight out of the factory teamís race shop, rigid inverted front forks and Suzukiís unique progressive link rear suspension – all cradled within an aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm whose efficiency has been proved with modified racing engines. The new Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1991 is another Suzuki success in efficient application of racing technology to street bikes. Itís direct-access racing technology in action.
The latest Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1991, 1127cc, powerhouse features cylinder head designs straight from the factory racers:
- Valve seats are smoothly blended with reshaped intake ports for better cylinder charging and higher torque.
- Use of lightweight, single rocker arms to open each valve, and use of small shims to adjust valve lash, reduces inertial mass and mechanical losses.
- New, double-row ball bearing is used on the transmission output shaft.
- New crankcase system sprays a constant stream of oil on the 3rd, 4th and 5th gearsets for better gear lubrication and cooling.
- Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS), combined with air cooling, efficiently carries engine heat away to the high-capacity curved Radial Flow cooler.
- Larger 40mm Slingshot carburetors maintain quick engine response.
- A new remote choke control lever is conveniently positioned on the left handlebar.
- Cool-air induction system routes cool, dense air from the fairing intake to the airbox.
- Aluminum-alloy double-cradle frame, together with swingarm reinforced with gussets, features rigidity well proven with modified racing engines.
- lnverted front forks have higher rigidity and provide better fork response. Suzukiís unique progressive link rear suspension system is combined with a remote-reservoir rear shock.
- Wide aluminum-alloy wheels with hollow spokes carry high-performance 17-inch front and rear radial tires.
- 310mm front brake discs with surface slotting and floating carrier mounts are mounted, together with 4-piston calipers with staggered piston sizes.
- New factory racer-derived, narrower fairing with flush-mounted headlights, along with sidecovers and tailsection, are wind-tunnel refined and provide better aerodynamics.
The bike Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1992 was mechanically the same model version Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1991, but offered more aggressive graphics, consistent with the type of design that was done at the time. They were curious pen strokes and type radical. It was also the last year of oil-cooled engines.
Specifications Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1992
Pearl Suzuki Deep Blue / Pearl Still White (L99)
Pearl Novelty Black / Traditional Silver Metallic (3WC)
Pearl Novelty Black / Marble Italian Red (M01)
Dimensions and curb weight
Overall length: 2.090mm (82.3in)
Overall width: 755 mm (29.7 in)
Overall height: 1,150 mm (45.3 in)
Battle: 1.465mm (57.7in)
Ground clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Seat height: 795 mm (31.3 in)
Empty weight: 226kg (498lbs)
Engine Type: 4 stroke, air cooling with SACS, DOHC, TSCC
Number of cylinders: 4 cylinders
Calibre: 78.0 mm (3.07 in)
Stroke: 59 mm (2.32 in)
Displacement: 1,127 cc (68.8 cu.in)
Compression ratio: 10: 1
Carburetor: 4 x 40mm MIKUNI BST36SS
Air filter: polyester fiber element
Lubrication system: Wet sump
Maximum Power: 145PS (108kW) @ 10000RPM
Maximum Torque: 11.6kg-m (114NM) @ 7500RPM
Ignition: Suzuki PEI
Starting System: Electric
Clutch: multidisc in oil bath, hydraulically operated
Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
Gearshift pattern: 1 reduction, 4 increase
Primary reduction ratio: 1.565 (72/46)
First: 2,384 (31/13)
2nd: 1,631 (31/19)
3rd: 1,250 (25/20)
4th: 1,045 (23/22)
High: 0.913 (21/23)
Final reduction ratio: 3.200 (48/15)
Drive chain: TAKASAGO RK532GSV2, 118 links.
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, spring preload fully adjustable, damping force compression 8-way and rebound 10-way adjustable
Rear suspension: Link-type, coil spring, gas/oil damped, spring preload 7-way adjustable damping force compression 17-way, rebound 19-way adjustable
Steering angle: 30 °
Tilt the front axle: 26th
Filmed: 99 mm (3.9 in)
Turning radius: 3.2 m (10.5 ft)
Front brakes: Double disc 310 mm
Rear brake: Disk 220 mm
Front Tire Size: 120 / 70ZR17
Rear Tire Size: 180 / 55ZR 17
Suspension travel front: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Rear wheel travel: 158 mm (6.2 in)
Ignition Type: transistorised
Ignition timing: 7th BTDC at 1500 rpm and 13 ° BTDC at 1500 rpm
Spark plug: NGK JR9B
Battery: 12 V 50.4 kC (14 Ah) / 10 HR
Generator: Three-phase AC generator
Main fuse: 30A
Fuse: 20/10/10/10 / 10A
Fuel tank: 22L (5.8gal)
Reservation: 4.2 l. (4.4 gal)
Front fork oil: 415 ml (14.0 oz)
Picture Gallery Suzuki GSX-R 1100 1992