The Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2003 changed its features from the model Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2002:
- ECM 32-bit RPM sensor with trigger pin 22, which provides a more precise control of ignition time and the operation of the injector for each cylinder.
- Disk lighter weight generator
- Tailpipe in polished stainless steel
- Forks in black
- Brake calipers in gold
A limited release in Canada, only 140 made, recalling the 2002 American LE version was launched. The Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2003 Black Limited Edition Solid chassis had the same black color and graphic decoration Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2002 limited edition Falcon Midnight Special, but with the difference of the black forks and calipers golden color.
Was also launched this year the Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2003 American Suzuki 40th anniversary edition (Commemorating the 40th anniversary of the start of the Hamamatsu house). In orange with black chassis and swingarm in color.
In Japan, one blue and silver version is launched. Leaving the catalog of colors: Silver / Grey, Black / Grey, Black, Black Midnight (this is the limited Canadian edition), Orange Dorado (model 40 american anniversary) and Blue / Silver (limited release in Japan).
The Falcon continues its route power
The Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2003 did not change much compared to the 2003 model a limited release in the US with a special red paint, black chassis, accented with silver rims profiles and a special version of the logo in silver gradient was removed.
Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2003 Features
- Aerodynamic fairing design with low drag coefficient. All fairing components have been designed for reduced drag and turbulence.
- Compact 4-stroke, four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine with DOHC, 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers, plus gear-driven counterbalancer for smooth operation.
- Electronic fuel injection system, fed by 46mm throttle bodies and ram air intake with large volume airbox.
- Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve train with narrow 14 degree valve angle for high combustion chamber efficiency.
- High efficiency liquid cooling system for optimum engine operating temperature- including compact air-cooled oil cooler, plus oil-jet piston cooling.
- SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation.
- 6-speed transmission with high-capacity clutch featuring back-torque limiter system for smooth downshifts and scissors-type primary gear for reduced gear noise.
- Large volume 4-into-2 exhaust system with stainless steel head pipes and lightweight aluminum silencers.
- Digital direct-ignition system combines an ignition coil with each spark plug cap for reduced weight and stronger spark.
- Full instrumentation with ultra-thin step-motor construction. Includes fuel gauge, clock, temperature gauge, LCD odometer and twin tripmeters with fuel consumption gauge.
- Unique, vertically mounted dual headlight provides a bright, wide beam with a 60W projector-type high-beam and a 55W low-beam halogen bulb.
- Rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
- Large diameter (43mm) inverted front forks with fully adjustable compression & rebound damping and spring preload, plus steering damper.
- Proven link-type rear suspension with remote reservoir shock absorber. Rear suspension features fully adjustable rebound damping and compression damping and spring preload.
- Bridge-type swingarm with large diameter swingarm pivot shaft provides high swingarm rigidity.
- Powerful front disc brakes with large 320mm discs and 6-piston calipers.
- Rear disc brake with 240mm disc and 2-piston caliper.
- Radial tires mounted on lightweight 3-spoke aluminum wheels. Wide 190-size rear tire is mounted on 6″ wide rim.
- Hinged fuel tank simplifies maintenance and provides easy access to the airbox and air filter.
The Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2001 did not change much compared to the 2000 model silver blue version like the 2000 model was launched, but with the front changing color to blue and silver logo Habayusa in gray and red (in Instead of full blue as the previous model). Along with this came a black color right the first history of the Hayabusa version, gray and silver.
Specifications Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2003
Silver / Grey
Black / Grey
Midnight Black (Limited Edition Canada)
Orange / Gold (40 american anniversary model)
Blue / Silver (limited release in Japan)
Dimensions and curb weight
Overall length: 2,140 mm (84.3 in)
Overall width: 740 mm (29.1 in)
Overall height: 1,155 mm (45.5 in)
Wheelbase: 1,485 mm (58.5 in)
Ground clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Seat height: 805 mm (31.7 in)
Empty weight: 217 Kg (478 lbs)
Engine Type: 4 stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC
Number of cylinders: 4 cylinders
Calibre: 81.0 mm (3.189 in)
Stroke: 63.0 mm (2.480 in)
Displacement: 1,299 cm3 (79.3 cu in.)
Compression ratio: 11.0: 1
Fuel System: Fuel delivery method
Air filter: Paper element
Starter system: Electric
Lubrication system: Wet Collector
Idle speed: 1150 ± 100 r / min
Clutch: Wet, multiplate oil
Transmission: 6-speed constant Gear
Gearshift pattern: 1 reduction, 5 increase
Primary reduction ratio: 1.596 (83/52)
Secondary reduction ratio: 2.352 (40/17)
First: 2,615 (34/13)
2nd: 1,937 (31/16)
3rd: 1,526 (29/19)
4th: 1,285 (27/21)
The 5th: 1,136 (25/22)
High: 1,043 (24/23)
Final reduction ratio: 2.388 (43/18)
Drive chain: RK GB50GSV Z3, 112 links
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil, damping fully adjustable for preload, compression and rebound
Rear suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil, damping fully adjustable for preload, compression and rebound
Carrera Front fork: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Rear wheel travel: 140 mm (5.5 in)
Steering angle: 24º 12 ‘
Tilt the front axle: 30 °
Filmed: 97 mm (3.8 in)
Turning radius: 3.3 m (10.8 ft)
Front brake: radial anchor, double disc
Rear brake: Single disc
Front Tire Size: 120/70 ZR 17 M / C (58 W), tubeless
Rear Tire Size: 190/50 ZR 17 M / C (73 W), tubeless
Ignition Type: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Ignition timing: 4th BTDC at 1200 r / min
Spark plug: NGK or DENSO CR9E U27ESR-N
Battery: 12 V 36 kC (10 Ah) / 10 HR
Generator: Three-phase AC generator
Main fuse: 30 A
Fuse: 15/15/15/15/10/10 A
Long 12 V 65 W (HB3)
Cuts 12 V 55 W (H7)
Flashing light 12 V 21 W x4
Number plate light 12 V 5 W
Brake / rear: 12V 21 / 5W x2
Light: 12 V 5 W
Speedometer light: LED
Counter Light: LED
Neutral indicator light: LED
Indicator light beam: LED
Indicator light turn signal: LED
Indicator light fuel level: LED
Light oil pressure warning: LED
Temperature Indicator Light: LED
Fuel tank, including reserve: 21 L (5.5 / 4.6 US / Imp gal)
oil change: 3,100 ml (3.3 / 2.7 US / Impg qt)
with filter change: 3.300 ml (3.5 / 2.9 US / Imp qt)
Repair: 4,000 ml (4.2 / 3.5 US / Imp qt)
Fork oil 480 ml (16.2 / 16.9 US / Imp oz)
Refrigerant: 2,950 ml (3.1 / 2.6 US / Imp qt)
Photo gallery Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2003