The Suzuki GSX-R 750 1991 brings to 750cc class production motorcycles an all-around superiority won in successful factory racing actions and proven in a wide range of production endurance racing events. Powerful, circuit-bred performance features like engine improvements straight out of the factory team’s race shop, rigid inverted front fork and Suzuki’s unique progressive link rear suspension all cradled within an aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm whose efficiency has been proved with modified racing engines. The Suzuki GSX-R 750 1991 is another Suzukisuccess in efficient application of racing technology — technology that’s made the Suzuki GSX-R 750 1991 Mthe dominant force in 750cc Stock Production-based racing — to street bikes. It’s direct access racing technology in action.
The Suzuki GSX-R 750 1991 gained 15 kg more than the previous model! Some Suzuki sales brochures didn’t even bother to quote a weight figure. The weight factor alone sends this bike to the back of the GSX-R pack. The most notable feature of the “M” are the faired in headlamps and a slanted nose, both of which were designed to reduce front drag, with distinctive headlight cover and running lights. Also fitted was a new larger seat and new rear body work that featured twin tail lamps. New aerodynamic fairing with slanted nose to reduce frontal drag, with distinctive headlight cover and running lights. The seat was enlarged and twin tail lamp design graced the backend.
This was the last GSX-R to use the oil-cooled SACS engine (except for US). Internal engine changes included a new valvetrain that used one dedicated cam lobe and rocker arm (finger follower) per valve (previous models used one lobe and one forked rocker per two valves). Valve clearance (lash) was now adjusted with shims (previous models used a screw and nut). The cam duration and indexing changed slightly as well as the porting according to a magazine article. The rear tire width was increased to a 170 mm section width. The gauges also changed to white colored needles (previously amber colored). Horsepower increased by 1 to 116 hp. The oil-cooled SACS engine received internal refinement of adopting one rocker arm per valve from the previous of one per two valves, stronger valve springs and an exhaust cam with 7 degrees less duration to give 116 hp.
- The latest GSX-R750 749cc powerhouse features cylinder head designs straight from the factory racers:
- Valve seats are smoothly blended with reshaped intake ports for better cylinder charging and higher torque.
- Use of lightweight, single rocker arms to open each valve, and use of small shims to adjust valve lash, reduces inertial mass and mechanical losses.
- Lightweight pistons with light, thin rings efficiently reduce friction and resist fluttering even at peak rpms.
- Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS), combined with air cooling, efficiently carries engine heat away to the high- capacity curved Radial Flow cooler.
- 33mm Slingshot carburetors maintain quick engine response.
- Cool-air induction system routes cool, dense air from the fairing intake to the airbox.
- Aluminum-alloy double cradle frame, together with swingarm reinforced with gussets, features rigidity exceptionally well proven with modified racing engines.
- Inverted front forks have higher rigidity and provide better fork response. Suzuki’s unique progressive link rear suspension system is combined with a remote reservoir rear shock.
- Wide aluminum-alloy wheels with hollow spokes carry high-performance 17-inch front and rear radial tires.
- 310mm front brake discs with surface slotting and floating carrier mounts are mounted, together with 4-piston campers with staggered piston sizes.
- New factory racer-derived, narrower fairing with flush- mounted headlights, along with sidecovers and tailsection, are wind-tunnel refined and provide better aerodynamics.
Specifications Suzuki GSX-R 750 1991
Suzuki year code
Pearl Still White / European Blue No.2 (3SL)
Pearl Novelty Black / Urban Gray Metallic (3CG)
Pearl Still White / Marble Italian Red (3RZ)
Dimensions and curb weight
Overall length: 2,070 mm (81.5 in)
Overall width: 735 mm (28.9 in)
Overall height: 1,135 mm (44.7 in)
Wheelbase: 1,420 mm (55.9 in)
Ground clearance: 130 mm (5.1 in)
Empty weight: 208 kg (458 lbs)
Engine Type: 4-stroke, liquid-cooling oil, DOHC
Number of cylinders: 4 cylinders
Calibre: 70.0 mm (2.756 in)
Stroke: 48.7 mm (1.917 in)
Displacement: 749 cc (45.7 cu in.)
Carburetor: MIKUNI BST36SS
Air filter: Paper element
Starting system: Electric
Lubrication system: Wet Collector
Clutch: Wet, multiplate oil
Transmission: 6-speed constant Gear
Gearshift pattern: 1 reduction, 5x
Primary reduction ratio: 1.744 (75/43)
First: 2,866 (43/15)
2nd: 2,058 (35/17)
3rd: 1,650 (33/20)
4th: 1,428 (30/21)
5th: 1,260 (29/23)
High: 1,120 (28/25)
Final reduction ratio: 2.800 (42/15)
Drive chain: RK TAKASAGO 50GSVZ1 or DAIDO DID 50VA7, 108 links
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil springs, adjustable preload, damping oil.
Rear suspension: articulated type, coil springs, damping oil / gas, adjustable preload fully adjustable shock compression and rebound.
Fork travel: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Rear wheel travel: 136 mm (5.35 in)
Steering angle: 30 °
Caster angle: 65º 30 ‘
Filmed: 94 mm (3.7 in)
Turning radius: 3.1 m (10.2 ft)
Front brakes: Double disc brake
Rear brake: single disc brake
Front Tire Size: 120/70 ZR 17, tubeless
Rear Tire Size: 170/60 ZR 17, tubeless
Ignition Type: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Ignition timing: 7th BTDC at 1500 rpm
Spark plug: NGK CR9EK or NIPPONDENSO U27ETR
Battery: 12 V 36.0 kC (10 Ah) / 10 HR
Generator: Three-phase AC generator
Main fuse: 30A
Fuse: 15/15/15/10/10 A
Headlight: 12 V 60 / 55W x 2
Flashing light 12 V 21 W
Light: 12 V 5 W
Brake / Rear: 12 W x 2 5/21 V
Speedometer Light: 12V 1.7W
Light Tachometer: 12V 1.7W x 2
Neutral indicator light: 14V 3W
Indicator light beam: 14V 3W
Indicator light turn signal: 14V 3W
Oil pressure indicator light: 14V 3W
Fuel tank, including reserve: 18.5 l (4.9 / 4.1 US / Imp gal)
oil change: 3,000 ml (3.2 / 2.6 US / Imp qt)
with filter change: 3.300 ml (3.5 / 2.9 US / Imp qt)
Repair: 3.900 ml (4.1 / 3.4 US / Imp qt)
Fork oil 419 ml (14.2 / 14.8 US / Imp oz)
Refrigerant: 2,550 ml (2.7 / 2.2 US / Imp qt)
Picture Gallery Suzuki GSX-R 750 1991